Since what you usually see with the puppy pictures are the indoor kennels where the pups are born, I thought I would show you where the dogs spend most of the year when the weather is warm. Brindi and Willow are happy to show you theirs. 10 of the outdoor kennels are 5 feet wide and 10 feet long and one is 7 feet wide and 14 feet long. I don't like concrete so I use vinyl mats that are easily cleaned and comfortable for the dogs with patio blocks along the sides to deter digging. The board along the back bottom is raised for easy cleaning. The kennels sit inside a fenced yard where they can run play in the grass while their kennels are cleaned. All the kennels have metal roofing for weather protection. If you wonder how much they are allowed to just be dogs, check out my "Just Us" page of my Doxies doing what Doxies do.
All text and images on this site are the property of DePayne Enterprises LLC and may not be copied or used in any way without the written permission of the owner.
For pricing info, go here.
The indoor kennels are smaller than the outdoor ones, but still roomy for the dogs. I did some refurbishing on the indoor kennels before the dogs came in for the 2015 winter. A few of them had "fun" with tiles last winter so I replaced it with linoleum before sealing all around the edges with clear silicone. No tile corners to get hold of now! I made the dividers taller with a cut out in the middle and it works great for keeping papers where they should be. The blue spruce was too pretty to paint so I put 3 coats of polyurethane on them to waterproof them and can still enjoy the colors in the wood. I'm very happy with the way they turned out. The kennel is heated in the winter with the wood stove that heats our house. It has two large vents with a blower and one vent blows heat to the kennel through an insulated 10" diameter PVC pipe. The large window in the back wall was a birthday present from my husband. There are two other smaller windows on the west wall, one that opens to allow a breeze on warm days and the other holds the air conditioner when it's hot.
Click on the thumbnails for a larger view of each picture (gallery pictures only).
Scroll down to see pictures of the indoor kennels.Two pictures were in the process of being rebuilt for easier cleaning and are all built now, and the outdoor kennels that I spent 2 years rebuilding for more height (for me) and changes made to the bases so fencing doesn't eat all the string from my weedeater. I finally was able to purchase metal roofing in 2013 to replace the tarps on the outdoor kennels YAY!
If I haven't heard from folks on the reserve list in a long time I remove the names unless they have kept in touch to let me know they wish to remain on the list.
1. Lori Ruba - 2 black and tan females.
2. Emily Lang - smooth black and tan female
3. Amanda Kooi - smooth female (or male) cream
4. Lisa Oates - smooth black and tan female
5. Afton Crabtree - smooth pup
6. Ruth Sacks - female from Bella
7. Katie Henry - Female pup from Diamond
8. Nichole Varner - smooth red female
9. Alyssa Gillette- longhair cream
10. Kim Staker - smooth pup black and tan preferred but other solid colors acceptable
11. Carrie Horton - smooth female dapple from Pistol or Macy
12. Claire Hoisington - longhair black and silver, or cream dapple female (smooth considered)
13. Debbie Mason - 1 female longhair
14. Aubry Haberer - Longhair black piebald female
15. Tammy Morris - Longhair female any color
16. Amy Schweers - Longhair female dapple, black or cream
17. Hanna McCubbin - Long haired male or female any color, dapple preferred
18. Mary Glick - Female longhair
19. Wiatt Olson - Cream male or female smooth or long
20. Jorie Oaks - longhair cream, smooth blue dapple or red (either sex)
21. Jennifer and James Monroe - Any color or sex, long or smooth
22. Annette Ganoe - Female smooth dapple blue or black and tan
23. Kellie Guggemos - longhair female cream, dapple, black, or piebald
24. Josh Bruette - female longhair chocolate or chocolate dapple other colors considered
25. Jessica Frantum - male longhair red
26. Nikki Fondara - Male smooth black and tan or red
27. Noelle Cunningham - smooth male dapple or cream
28. Katie Wendt - longhair red female or dapple (other colors considered)
29. Betsy Heidt - Black and tan dapple or dapple piebald smooth female preferred (open to others)
30. Abegail Hale - smooth female any color or pattern
31. Tracy Mclain - Black and tan or black and cream female smooth or long
32. Anne Zook - female smooth red
33. Chelsey Oachs - smooth dapple either sex any color
34. Rebecca Hunter - Red smooth coat female
35. Cindy Meeker - male dark red piebald no white on face
36. Kevin and Rita Sorenson - female smooth cream or chocolate
37. Nickole Hawkins - Smooth dapple male (female considered)
38. Tanya Sheldon - Female longhair balck and tan or dark sable
39. Julie Linderbaum - female smooth or long any colr considered
**Brittney Lane has first choice of any color longhair piebald female after she finishes nursing school.
Fire (chocolate based red) and Pistol's (red dapple) pups arrived on June 16, 2017 and will be 8 weeks old August 11, 2017. They have 1 ee red female (likely hidden dapple) and 1 red male. The female is pending to Mike and Kat Shelton.
Sara (black and tan) will be bred to Pistol (red dapple) when she comes in heat.
Upcoming 2017 litters bred at home are:
Upcoming 2017 litters bred to outside males are:
Annie (minimal dapple fawn) will be bred to Oscar when she comes in heat (longhair chocolate piebald cream carrier and dilute carrier). I will be keeping a male pup from this litter and the stud owner may choose a pup or may have me sell her pick of litter pup for her. I won't know until the pups arrive.
Nikki (chocolate reverse dapple) will be bred to Nestle when she comes in heat. Longhair chocolate based cream who produces about everything except piebald. I will be keeping a female pup from this litter and the stud owner may choose a pup or may have me sell her pick of litter pup for her. I won't know until the pups arrive.
Mel will be bred to either Dante (longhaired chocolate and tan cream carrier)or Simon (red piebald) when she comes in heat. My first choice is Dante but if he doesn't breed her she'll be bred to Simon.
Cally will be bred to Jack when she comes in heat. Longhair cream brindle. I will be keeping a male pup from this litter and the stud owner may choose a pup or may have me sell her pick of litter pup for her. I won't know until the pups arrive.
Diamond (blue and tan carries piebald from both parents) will be bred to Apollo when she comes in heat. Longhair cream piebald producer. I will be keeping a female pup from this litter. Because the stud owner is in Wisconsin she will be whelping her out after breeding and she will be selling all the pups. If you want one from this litter you can buy it through me and I will bring it back to Iowa when I pick up Diamond and my pup after weaning. Diamond's breeding is temporarily on hold due to having a minor surgery That she will need time to heal completely from before she can be bred. At this time I'm hoping she doesn't come in heat until August. If she comes in too soon I'll have to hold her back until the next heat.
Bella (red dapple longhair) will be bred to Apollo when she comes in heat. Longhair cream who produces piebald. I will be keeping a female pup from this litter. Because the stud owner is in Wisconsin she will be whelping her out after breeding and she will be selling all the pups. If you want one from this litter you will can buy it through me and I will bring it back to Iowa when I pick up Bella and my pup after weaning.