Since what you usually see with the puppy pictures are the indoor kennels where the pups are born, I thought I would show you where the dogs spend most of the year when the weather is warm. Brindi and Willow are happy to show you theirs. The outdoor kennels are 5 feet wide and 10 feet long. I don't like concrete so I use vinyl mats that are easily cleaned and comfortable for the dogs. The kennels sit inside a fenced yard where they can run play in the grass while their kennels are cleaned. All the kennels have metal roofing for weather protection. If you wonder how much they are allowed to just be dogs, check out my "Just Us" page of my Doxies doing what Doxies do.
All text and images on this site are the property of DePayne Enterprises LLC and may not be copied or used in any way without the written permission of the owner.
For pricing info, go here.
The indoor kennels are smaller than the outdoor ones, but still roomy for the dogs. The new ones have the same amount of space but are a little shorter and wider. The overall design is similar to my old ones but the improvements make them much easier to clean. The hinged gates have been replaced with gates that slide up and out for cleaning. All kennels are caulked all the way around the bottom to prevent anything leaking into a neighboring kennel. The dividers on these whelping kennels are 2 feet high for privacy of moms and pups. The rest of the kennels that are built but the dividers are only 12" high so the dogs can visit their neighbors. I've replaced the old kickboards along the bottom front from 3 narrow boards to one solid board. Boys will no longer be able to pee through slats into the alleyway :) The big window you can see part of below was a birthday present to me from my husband. (Isn't he great?) It lets in a lot more light than the 2 smaller windows I already had. One of the old windows still opens to let in a breeze on nice days (along with the screen door on the opposite wall) and the other smaller window holds the air conditioner for hot weather. In the winter the wood stove that heats our house also heats my kennels by way of a vent pipe on top of the stove. We got a new stove in 2014 with a double vent and blower so one vent heats the house and the other heats the kennel. My heat lights are raised and lowered by the blue ropes you see to adjust them to the height needed for pups and raised to the ceiling out of the way when not needed.
Click on the thumbnails for a larger view of each picture (gallery pictures only).
Scroll down to see pictures of the indoor kennels (In the process of being rebuilt for easier cleaning and are all built now) and the outdoor kennels that I spent 2 years rebuilding for more height (for me) and changes made to the bases so fencing doesn't eat all the string from my weedeater. I finally was able to purchase metal roofing last year (2013) to replace the tarps on the outdoor kennels YAY!
If I haven't heard from folks on the reserve list in a long time I remove the names unless they have kept in touch to let me know they wish to remain on the list.
1. Lori Ruba - black and tan female
1 A. Kelly Wisnefski - Blue male smooth or long (added back to the list due to the loss of Nikki's blue male pup).
2. Melissa Michel has first choice of longhair dapples or cream females.
3. Amanda Kooi - smooth female (or male) cream
4. Stacy Zach - smooth chocolate male puppy
5. Lisa Oates - smooth black and tan female
6. Afton Crabtree - smooth pup
7. Kristen Arndt - Black Tuxedo piebald
8. Emily Lang - black and tan female smooth
9. Lori Ruba (a second) smooth black female
10. Ruth Sacks - female from Bella
11. Katie Henry - Female pup from Diamond and Cass
and a piebald male
12. Nichole Varner - smooth red female
13. Jerry Stimmel - smooth dapple or piebald male
14. Alyssa Gillette- longhair cream
15.. Kim Staker - smooth pup black and tan preferred but other solid colors acceptable
16. Carrie Horton - smooth female dapple from Pistol or Macy
17. Claire Hoisington - longhair black and silver, or cream dapple female (smooth considered)
18. Debbie Mason - 1 female longhair
19. Aubry Haberer - Longhair black piebald female
20. Tammy Morris - Longhair female any color
21. Amy Schweers - Longhair female dapple, black or cream
22. Hanna McCubbin - Long haired male or female any color, dapple preferred
23. Mary Glick - Female longhair
24. Michael and Kathleen Shelton - Female red or chocolate
25. Gerie Meier - chocolate and tan/black and tan/wild boar or red male or female smooth
26. Amanda Kotschwar - Female preferred (male considered) Black and tan preferred but open to other colors.
27. Jorie Oaks - longhair cream, smooth blue dapple or red (either sex)
28. Jennifer and James Monroe - Any color or sex, long or smooth
29. Annette Ganoe - Female smooth dapple blue or black and tan
30. Kellie Guggemos - longhair female cream, dapple, black, or piebald
31. Justin Leow - smooth male any solid color
32. Josh Bruette - female longhair chocolate or chocolate dapple other colors considered
33. Jessica Frantum - female longhair dapple any color
34. Nikki Fondara - Male smooth black and tan or red
35. Noelle Cunningham - smooth male dapple or cream
36. Katie Wendt - longhair red female (other colors considered)
**Brittney Lane has first choice of any color longhair piebald female after she finishes nursing school.
Upcoming 2017 litters are:
Sera will be bred to Pistol.
Fire will be bred to Pistol
Mel is on a rest heat and will be bred for a fall litter.
Angel will be bred for the first time for a fall litter.
Not all breedings "take" and any who are not pregnant after posting the due date announcements will be taken down
I did some refurbishing on the indoor kennels before the dogs came in for the 2015 winter. A few of them had "fun" with tiles last winter so I replaced it with linoleum before sealing all around the edges with clear silicone. No tile corners to get hold of now! I made the dividers taller with a cut out in the middle and it works great for keeping papers where they should be. The blue spruce was too pretty to paint so I put 3 coats of polyurethane on them to waterproof them and can still enjoy the colors in the wood. I'm very happy with the way they turned out.
Nikki and Simon's pups arrived November 10, 2016. Both are longhairs. Will know around 2-3 weeks old. Chocolate and tan female, black and tan female. Ready to go January 5, 2017.
Black female sold to Steve and Laurie Thompson. Chocolate female sold to Karla Yearington. Congratulations!
Liska and Pistol's pup arrived October 27, 2016. He's a gorgeous smooth red minimal dapple male. He'll be 8 weeks old December 22nd. Sold to Amy Bailey. Congratulations :-)
Cally and Simon's pups should arrive around January 10, 2017
Possible longhairs, dapple, chocolate, red or black and tan. Ready to go around March 7, 2017. ** Special notice** Cally is also bred to Cass. I will be going through AKC to sire verify through DNA the male pups I personally am considering for a future sire. I want one from Cass and Cally. Any pups I don't get verified, if you want to register your pup an additional $45 will be added to the price of the pup for the DNA test. If you don't plan to register your pup it will be up to you if you want to verify which is the sire. Both are very nice dogs. I need a male to take over for Pistol and I need it to be by Cass and Cally so he won't be related to most of my girls. Cass had no interest in her when she was ready to stand so I bred her to Simon. After 2 days she was taken out so he could breed Derry. 3 days later I made the decision to try her with Cass again and he did breed her. It's legal to do this with AKC dogs as long as the sire verification is done. "Ties witnessed with both males.
Derry and Simon's pups are due approximately January 14th. I did witness a "tie". This litter has a good possibility of blue, black and red. Piebald is also possible. Ready to go around March 11
Bella and Cass's pups are due approximately January 14th. This litter will be longhair. Their previous litter 2 years ago produced both dapple and piebald and chocolate and red. It's Bell's only litter so far. This breeding is unverified. I never witnessed any "ties". If she is bred the pups will be ready around March 11.
Pearl and Simon's pups are due approximately January 18th. I did witness a "tie". This litter has the possibility of both longhair and smooth pups. If she has any females I will be keeping one. Ready around March 15th.
Diamond and Dante have an appxmate due date of January 19, 2017. I did not see a "tie" with them so it will be wait and see if she's pregant
Macy and Pistol's pups are due approximately January 27th. I did witness a "tie". This litter will be smooth pups. They have produced black, red and chocolate together and some shoould be dapple. If she has any females I will be keeping one. Ready around March 24th.